Re: 11.0-RC2 suspend/resume on thinkpad x201 kills poweroff

From: Philibert-Caillat Fabrice <fphilibert_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 17:39:42 +0200
Hello, I am sorry if I did not introduce myself properly: I am a subscriber
on this list, I have read this thread and I think that my own problem is
related: I also have a Thinkpad X201 and I have been unable to
suspend/resume with the i915kms driver loaded (with 11.0-RC2 currently). I
now suspect (since I did a lot of tests previously) that I might have also
encountered the same corruption, as my Thinkpad is now unable to shut down
properly. May I ask if it is possible to reset properly without opening the
computer? In any case, if I can perform any further test to help here, I
would be happy.

Regarding suspend/resume (which, I understand, is another problem), the
most I could achieve so far is having the suspend led blink a few times,
then stop blinking. The computer seems to enter suspend at first, but it is
unable to resume. If I understood correctly what I have read so far, the
fixed suspend led would instead mean that suspend did not work properly in
fact. I have tried with these options:

hw.vga.textmode=0 / 1
hw.acpi.reset_video=0 / 1
dev.acpi_ibm.0.events=0 / 1
hw.pci.do_power_nodriver=3 (or with no such sysctl)

Furthermore, currently I have these sysctls :
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=S3
hw.acpi.power_button_state=S5
hw.acpi.sleep_delay=3
hw.acpi.verbose=1
hw.usb.no_suspend_wait=1
hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=0

In /boot/loader.conf, I tried with/without:

i915kms_load="YES"
drm.i915.enable_rc6=7

Since my computer doesn't shut down, I have tried booting a Ubuntu live usb
key and suspend/resume brought me the same results as with FreeBSD (I do
not know really if it should be working properly, but I suspect that the
answer is yes).

Nothing I tried since then seems to help, but I did not reset CMOS.

Regards,

Fabrice Philibert-Caillat