Re: r316958: booting a server takes >10 minutes!

From: O. Hartmann <o.hartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 20:56:18 +0200
Am Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:19:02 -0400
Allan Jude <allanjude_at_freebsd.org> schrieb:

> On 2017-04-15 07:53, O. Hartmann wrote:
> > Recent CURRENT running on a server makes the system booting in multiuser mode booting
> > incredibly slow! On a machine, before I interrupted the booting process hanging in
> > starting postgresql 9.6.2 server, it took > 10 minutes.
> >
> > Due to a serious bug in CURRENT, I had to disable BPF_JITTER via sysctl
> > net.bpf_jitter.enable=0
> >
> > The box also is a syslog "receiving" server for other hosts, syslogd's option "-s"
> > isn't used (just for the record).
> >
> > I'm back to r316717 now which boots the box fine.
> >
> > Booting in single-user mode is also quick as expected.
> >
> > oh
> >

> Is it stalled in a specific place?

No. It seems erratic and involves diffrent services which are about to be started. slapd,
mountd for instance take longer as expected, postgresql takes a very long time, usually I
have to terminate starting via Ctrl-C. But longest seems to be postgresql. Ctrl-C kills
starting, but then, something spins forever and Ctrl-T says, that "sh" does something -
not sure what or I didn't remember. I switched back to a working revision.

oh

--
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Übermittlung meiner Daten für
Werbezwecke oder für die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (§ 28 Abs. 4 BDSG).