Re: svn commit: r316977 - head/sys/dev/syscons

From: O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 07:55:42 +0200
Am Sat, 15 Apr 2017 18:00:18 -0700
Conrad Meyer <cem_at_freebsd.org> schrieb:

> On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 1:21 PM, O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org> wrote:
> > Am Sat, 15 Apr 2017 20:03:50 +0000 (UTC)
> > Bruce Evans <bde_at_FreeBSD.org> schrieb:
> >
> >> Author: bde
> >> Date: Sat Apr 15 20:03:50 2017
> >> New Revision: 316977
> >
> > There is a lot of development going on theses days for syscons. What's about vt()?
> > vt() is considered broken for x11/nvidia-driver and vt() is considered a requirement
> > when UEFI is boot scheme, isn't it?
> >
> > I'm just curious.
>
> Hi O.,
>
> Bruce uses syscons and cares enough to improve it.  He likely does not
> care about UEFI and definitely does not care about vt.  I don't think
> there's anything wrong with that.  We can't force volunteers to work
> on things they are not interested in.
>
> Best,
> Conrad

Hello Conrad, happy easter.

There is and was never intention to apply "force", it is a question as I'm curious about
what's going on with vt() - no personally bound to B. Evans or anybody else - I just took
the chance to comment/ask on that subject when I saw postings.

Maybe not the right place to spread some thinkings.

Regards,

Oliver Hartmann

--
O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Übermittlung meiner Daten für
Werbezwecke oder für die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (§ 28 Abs. 4 BDSG).