Re: r316958: booting a server takes >10 minutes!

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 21:53:13 -0700
Well, all this suggests to me that there must be some issue with the client
syslog code in the libc, so that if syslog daemon hangs or has some
internal issue that would basically render system mostly unusable. I think
that might be an interesting project for somebody who has some spare time
on hands to take syslogd as of (r317033 - 1) and see what can be done to
improve resilience of the system against such a failure mode.

-Max