Re: CFT: EVDEV support in psm(4) driver

From: Vladimir Kondratyev <vladimir_at_kondratyev.su>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 23:09:41 +0300
On 2017-04-17 13:59, Jan Kokemüller wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
> this patch works great for me!
Great!

> I am not using xf86-input-mouse or xf86-input-keyboard.
You stepped on minefield. xf86-input-keyboard does things that should
be done by xorg-server like terminal blanking, disabling keybuffering
and so on. I had seen (and heard) some funny effects before copied
required ~20 lines of code from xf86-input-keyboard to xorg-server.

>  - TrackPoint scrolling holding the middle button
Thanks for report. I was not able to test trackpoint due to lack of
hardware.

> The only thing that doesn't work out of the box is the mouse pointer
> on the VT console. It wouldn't be hard though to write a small tool
> that uses libinput to translate Evdev events into CONS_MOUSECTL ioctls
> needed for the VT pointer.
Just run moused on /dev/psm0. Unlike usermode drivers like
xf86-input-synaptics
in psm mode, in-kernel driver keeps psm0 device unbusied in sysmouse
mode.

> Some comments:
>  - PS2_MOUSE_SYNAPTICS_PRODUCT should be 0x0007, not 0x0009
> (http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/input/mouse/psmouse.h#L86)
>  - The TrackPoint should be added with product id 0x000A as on Linux
> and with the INPUT_PROP_POINTING_STICK Evdev property set
>  - I think it would be better if the same Evdev device names were
> exposed as on Linux (for example "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"). Many
> scripts using xinput to change device properties depend on the Linux
> device names.
>
> I've added a patch and comments to https://reviews.freebsd.org/D10265 .
Patch looks good to me. I will merge it after small refactoring.

Thank you!

--
WBR
Vladimir Kondratyev