regression suspend/resume on Lenovo T420

From: Manuel Stühn <freebsdnewbie_at_freenet.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 13:50:17 +0200
Hi,
I'd been sucessfully running CURRENT on my Lenovo T420 with functional
suspend/resume since some time. But after updating to CURRENT r317032
respectively r317559 suspend/resume does not work anymore. Putting it
into suspend results only in a black screen, but no further action is
possible (only pressing the powerbutton for some time to switch it off
completely). The LEDs are not indicating any suspend mode.
If i try to suspend it with X (intel-driver) stopped, the laptop does
switch into suspend, but does not resume. It runs into some kind of
resuming endless loop, where it tries to start the laptop again but at a
certain point it restarts again. The screen stays dark all the time.

I tried this with and without the following options but the same result.
hw.acpi.reset_video=1
dev.acpi_ibm.0.handlerevents='0x04'

Booting a Bootenvironment with an older CURRENT(r315141), all is
working.  Was there any change between these commits concerning
suspend/resume?

BR
Manuel