Re: SIGSEGV in /bin/sh after r322740 -> r322776 update

From: O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 06:41:25 +0200
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:12:02 -0700
David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 08:08:57PM +0200, Hartmann, O. wrote:
> > On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 06:38:36 -0700
> > David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org> wrote:
> >
> > I also ran into this problem after "upgrading" to r322769 and now I
> > have on ALL systems, I did this "upgrade", a wrecked system which isn't
> > even capable of compiling a new kernel or world.

> > Just a question. I'm awaiting this patch in the hope I can rebuild
> > everything to normal.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > oh
>
> For me -- on a system running a GENERIC kernel, the resolution was:
> * Reboot from /boot/kernel.old.
> * Apply the patch from Konstantin.
> * Rebuild/install the kernel.
> * Reboot.
>
> Peace,
> david

For the record:

Konstantin Belousov offered the patch, which worked for me, too, and the final
patch arrived in the tree, all systems suffered formerly from the problem are
normal again.

As stated, the booting of the old kernel (kernel.old, not so far from the
r322769 sources) needed to be booted in accordance to build a new kernel.

Thanks a lot for the fast solution!

oh