Call for testing VMware open-vm-tools update

From: Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 09:55:54 -0500
VMware has been contributing to making FreeBSD a first class citizen for
their open source vmware tools.

As a continuing part of this contribution there's a new version of
open-vm-tools in the works.  The INO64 work in FreeBSD HEAD broke
building open-vm-tools for HEAD/i386, and there was a kernel panic that
affected HEAD/amd64.  That has been addressed and vmware has started QA
for the tools for FreeBSD 11.1-R and 10.3-R  amd64 and i386.

I've given this update a fair amount of testing and it gets a "works on
my machine" certification from me.

The new version is available as a port at
https://people.freebsd.org/~jpaetzel/open-vm-tools.tar.gz . Feel free to
give it a spin and please report any issues by filing a bug at
https://bugs.freebsd.org/   If you tag the bug you create as ports
emulators/open-vm-tools it will get auto-assigned to me.

--

Thanks,

Josh Paetzel