Re: orangepi [was: what happened to src/sys/boot?]

From: Milan Obuch <freebsd-current_at_dino.sk>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2017 21:33:09 +0100
On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 14:22:26 -0600
Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 03, 2017 at 08:55:20PM +0200, Daniel Braniss wrote:
> > ok, the image created now boots on both orangepi-one and nanopi-neo,
> > but without ethernet!
>
> So w/rt orangepi-one testing I think I'm now at parity with your
> build -- with whatever bits I had a week ago.  e.g. I also do not
> detect the ethernet.
>
> I am currently testing a bad hack for orangepi-plus2e that disables
> attaching the mixer to see if I can avoid a panic on boot, so I can
> get at least as far as the orangepi-one results.  That's with the
> very latest code checkout.
>
> I'll let the list know if I get anywhere.
>
> mcl

Please see thread on freebsd-arm mailing list starting with my message
titled 'Allwinner H3/H2+ dts question - regression?' from Sun, 26 Nov
2017. One small point to add - while with revision 326187 and some
older dtb (or with dtb gained via this thread) ethernet works, with
revision 326310 and the same dtb it does not. I noticed when doing svn
upgrade some changes in Allwinner awg sources, but did not analyze
them yet.

All dts currently in our source tree are totally ethernet-less when
coming to Allwinner SoCs. That all for now, If I find anything
interesting/usefull, I'll keep you informed.

Regards,
Milan