Re: Poll: should man(1)'s default pager change to "less -s"?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 11:01:04 -0800
On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 10:41:49AM -0800, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 10:27 AM, Steve Kargl
> <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> > There isn't a question.  I'm pointing out your poll apparently
> > is limited to a select few individuals that use FreeBSD.
>
> The select few individuals being "literally anyone that wants to
> participate?"  https://reviews.freebsd.org/auth/register/

Ah, yeah, I know.

I have kargl_at_freebsd.org and a FreeBSD bugzilla account.
Adding yet another FreeBSD account to my collection of
30 or so other accounts seems to be overkill to simply
prevent the silliness of change man(1).  In particular,
'man man' shows

     MANPAGER   Program used to display files.

                If unset, and color support is enabled, “less -sR” is
                used.

                If unset, and color support is disabled, then PAGER is
                used.  If that has no value either, “more -s” is used.

If someone wants to use 'less -s', then someone only needs to
set PAGER correctly.

--
Steve