Re: Poll: should man(1)'s default pager change to "less -s"?

From: Jamie Landeg-Jones <jamie_at_catflap.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 16:50:03 +0000
Alan Somers <asomers_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Should man(1)'s default pager change to "less -s"?  Vote and flame at the
> Phabricator link below.
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/V7

It's probably too late to suggest a "don't mind either way" option, to at
least give a better idea on who bothers to vote.

But anyway, despite seeming to be "flying the flag" for "more", I actually
don't mind either way.

It's not because the changes won't affect me. I humbly like to think my

In this case, "less" is similar enough to "more" (and arguably better) that
it's not a bad change to make.

Old farts like me who prefer the old "more" can continue to set it - those who
don't care, or don't know, will not be negatively effected.

I know I'm just some random guy on the internet, but I thought I'd throw in my
2 cents as there may be others with a similar philosophy on these types of changes.

Cheers, Jamie