Re: LLD: man pages missing?

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2017 22:10:28 -0500
On 25 December 2017 at 15:25, Dimitry Andric <dim_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Since lld is now approaching a quite usable state, maybe it is time for
> a request to upstream to provide [a manpage]. ;)

Yes, it would've been nice if an upstream man page was created early
on and had been kept up to date as features were added. In any case,
lld is otherwise close to being ready to be installed as /usr/bin/ld
on FreeBSD/amd64, and I suspect we might have to just create the man
page (and send it upstream).

Other than the man page I'm aware of some issues with ifunc support
discovered by kib_at_ while working on kernel ifunc. This doesn't affect
FreeBSD-HEAD yet (as we don't use ifunc today) but will soon be
important. There's also additional work needed for the ports tree,
although right now ~99.5 of the ports collection builds when lld is
/usr/bin/ld. Most ports that were failing with lld have either been
fixed, or worked around via LLD_UNSAFE so that the port continues
using ld.bfd.