Re: panic: invalid bcd 194

From: Matthias Apitz <guru_at_unixarea.de>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 09:36:24 +0100
El día sábado, diciembre 30, 2017 a las 10:48:19p. m. +0100, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> > For an immediate relief, enter the BIOS setup and set up the date.  Try to
> > change it even if the BIOS date looks fine.
> >
> > artc(4) should do more validation of the date read from CMOS, but this is
> > a known issue.
>
> The problem with this hardware (Acer C720 Chromebook) is, there is no
> BIOS setup, only somekind of SeaBIOS w/o any setup. Btw: An older
> CURRENT from an USB key r285885 boots fine.

I have got a hint about that the problem showed up already in March this
year, even with some comment of mine in this thread:

http://freebsd.1045724.x6.nabble.com/panic-invalid-bcd-xxx-td6170480.html

In this tread is mentioned a patch as:

> cem_at_ posted this patch:
>
> http://dpaste.com/1K2W05E
>
> If someone can test it, I'll gladly commit it.  The real-time clock will
> likely be wrong, but it won't panic with INVARIANTS.

but the link is expired. Has got someone this patch? I checked the SVN
for the file sys/sys/libkern.h there is no relevant change since March
2017. (cc'ed cem_at_)

I will let the C720 over night under power while sitting in the boot menu,
maybe this will fix the RTC battery issue.

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru_at_unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  📱 +49-176-38902045