Re: 12-CURRENT won't configure to download packagesite.txz yet

From: Jeffrey Bouquet <jeffreybouquet_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 03:09:12 -0800
On 02/ 6/17 09:59 PM, Allan Jude wrote:
> On February 7, 2017 2:35:16 AM GMT+01:00, Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk_at_iherebuywisely.com> wrote:
>> All the files
>>
>> /etc/FreeBSD.conf
>> /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf
>> /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf
>>
>> I edit time after time for
>> {$ABI}  which gives FreeBSD:11:i386  but I am on 12-CURRENT i386
>> Anytime I try to attune to
>> freebsd:12:x86:32        or
>> FreeBSD:12:i386           ...
>> it downloads the packagesite again, as it does in the ABI example, but
>> a terse
>> error of wrong architecture, etc, and a fail to do anything to upgrade
>> to  Pkg-12.
>>
>> Can the proper file be rename upstream to what its architecture in
>> simpler terms:
>> like packagesite-i386-12.txz and a message printed upon de-TXZ the file
>> so that
>> the proper nomenclature is given to put into each of those three files
>> above
>> so that the generic packagesite.txz will not error out upon download?
>> Or, put the instructions in /usr/src/UPDATING ?? since it is part of
>> base?
>>

>> Or some other way to de-showstopper this v11 April 2016 CURRENT to v12
>> Feb 2017 CURRENT
>> upgrade which still has failed to enable seamonkey-2.46_5 to run
>> non-segfault [ ie cannot run ]
>> vs seamonkey-2.46_4 which four days ago ran without EVER segfaulting??
>> And cannot build
> >from ports for obscure .h clang-header file related reasons?
> Please provide the output of:
> uname -a
machine on which firefox, thunderbird, seamonkey, cc, pkg work:
11.0-CURRENT  #2
R298350
Wed Apr 20 2016
I386
1100105
1100105
DEC22KRNL10 ( not GENERIC )
machine on which firefox has broken numeric input [ I cannot log into
the FreeBSD forum as my nickname has a "2" within it...
nor use browser search in firefox that searches for terms with
a "2" within the text field... jumps to another tab..., cc MAY be fixed,
pkg still works only at v11,
seamonkey segfaults, thunderbird segfaults, otter-browser has bus
error,  seamonkey won't build
due to maybe clang header files:
12.0-CURRENT #3
R313305
Mon Feb 6 2017
i386
1200020   ( guess from strings on the kernel) ... (forgot to run uname
when booted into the system)
1200020   ( guess from strings on the kernel)   "
DEC22KRNL10 (not GENERIC)
and per pkg -vv, still v11...
> uname -K
> uname -U

Again, maybe a ${ABI} set of three files (FreeBSD.conf (2) , pkg.conf )
that I could use as a template
may fix the package issue and if that is fixed, could fix the
seamonkey/thunderbird/firefox issues...
Precise documentation is lacking in the limited time I have to test
solutions in forum and mailing
list posts.