Re: vt(4) chops off the leftmost three columns

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 16:27:09 -0800
On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 2:11 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> It depends(tm). I think the VT code just does "640x480x4bpp" and lets
> the BIOS sort it out. A lot of things don't cope well with 640x480
> these days - they try autodetecting picture edges, but a black border
> makes that very difficult.
>

> -adrian

Can you use vidcontrol(1) to change to something better? 1600x900, maybe?
(Note, I have not tried this and I know that vt does not support a lot of
vidcontrol functionality, but starting X sets the display to 200x56
characters on my laptop.)
E-mail: rkoberman_at_gmail.com