Re: recent change to vim defaults?

From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk_at_mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 15:48:20 -0600
On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:03:08AM +0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> I noticed that suddenly vim is grabbing mouse movements, which makes
> life really hard.
>
> Was there a specific revision that brought in this change, and can it
> be removed?

I remember seeing something go by during an upgrade somewhat recently
about there now being a defaults file that gets used when a user does
not specify a .vimrc.  Unfortunately, I don't remember whether I saw
that notice on a FreeBSD machine or a Debian one, and haven't been able
to find the notice I remember through searching some likely places.

Just to check: do you have a .vimrc file in place already?

-Ben