Re: recent change to vim defaults?

From: Adam Weinberger <adamw_at_adamw.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 10:23:16 -0700
> On 16 Jan, 2017, at 9:25, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:03:08AM +0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
>> I noticed that suddenly vim is grabbing mouse movements, which makes life
>> really hard.
>>
>> Was there a specific revision that brought in this change, and can it be
>> removed?
>
> This change appeared in one of the last patchset of vim 7.4 and was one of the
> "features" of the vim 8.0 release.
>
> I do agree this is just totally painful :(
>
> Best regards,
> Bapt

One of the things that I inherited with the Vim port was the DEFAULT_VIMRC option (which installs /usr/ports/editors/vim/files/vimrc), and I haven't touched it.

I have moused disabled in all my boxes so I have no idea about bad mouse behaviour in Vim. If there is a bad default that is causing grief, let's just fix it in that default vimrc.

I'm not really understanding what the unexpected behaviour is so I can't make an intelligent recommendation myself, but I'll go with whatever you folks suggest.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw_at_adamw.org