Re: recent change to vim defaults?

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:06:55 -0800
On 1/18/17 10:01 AM, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 18/01/2017 5:03 PM, Raimund Sacherer wrote:
>> I have to put mouse=v to get the behavior I am used to.
>>
>> Best
>
> doesn't really work for me.
>
> vim is still taking mouse events

kinda feel like it we need a "classic" vim port that is from the v7.x
codebase since i suspect the changes to mouse behaviour in v8.x is only
the beginning of lots of suspect changes to the vim codebase :/

i went through the code for vim the other day and couldn't figure out a
way to disable entering visual-mode via mouseclick as a compile time
option.  perhaps we should preserve the expected behaviour by updating
/usr/local/etc/vim/vimrc?

-p

--
Pete Wright