Re: Build failure 'wmmintrin.h' file not found

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 21:21:15 +0100
On 18 Jan 2017, at 14:42, Magnus Ringman <bmr_at_ringman.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org>
> wrote:
>> And the error popped out. I'm not observing this error when building a
>> 12-current kernel from an 11-stable install.
>

> Isn't it all bets are off if going to -current from anything but most
> recent -stable?
> Recommended practice[citation needed] would be
> 10-stable->11-stable->12-current.

That is the safest way, indeed.  But it should not be totally impossible
to build recent versions of -current on 10.x.

Normally, buildworld takes care of the heavy lifting by building all the
needed tools first.  But if you build only parts of the tree, you might
encounter "interesting" situations. :)

-Dimitry