Re: .configure && make fails to find ld [dlopen]

From: blubee blubeeme <gurenchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 23:24:14 +0800
Hi Ben

If you can help me with this, I would appreciate it greatly. I am trying to
port this project to FreeBSD:
https://github.com/endlessm/epson-inkjet-printer

After I grab those files then I run autoreconf -fi;
I am not sure how to get autoreconf to not put INCLUDES, which autoreconf
complains about.

After running autoreconf -fi I make the edits, that you can see with the
attached patch updated.path file. [is there's a way to make autoreconf -fi
not write INCLUDES but instead use the AM_CPPFLAGS?]

After I edit the files I run ./configure --prefix=/tmp

this seems to go well, no errors

Then I run make, this seems to go okay as well, it generates 3 warnings but
seems to run to completion, pastebin of the warnings:
https://pastebin.com/k5hs6011

after that I run make install and it installs some files in the tmp
directory:

.
├── doc
│   ├── AUTHORS
│   ├── COPYING
│   ├── COPYING.EPSON
│   ├── COPYING.LIB
│   ├── NEWS
│   └── README
├── etc
│   └── ld.so.conf.d
│       └── 99-epson-inkjet-printer.conf
└── lib
    └── cups
        └── filter
            └── epson_inkjet_printer_filter

6 directories, 8 files

This might seem a bit silly but I am stuck here. These are the drivers for
the printer that I have but I noticed a few things wrong.

1) The PPD files didn't get copied over
2) The filter file is some type shared library and I am not sure how to use
it.

I know that I will need to move these files to /usr/local/libexec/cups
folder in their proper locations but why didn't the PPD files get installed?

Can I get some help sorting this out?

/usr/local/libexec/cups % tree .
.
├── backend
│   ├── beh
│   ├── dnssd
│   ├── driverless -> /usr/local/libexec/cups/driver/driverless
│   ├── http -> ipp
│   ├── https -> ipp
│   ├── implicitclass
│   ├── ipp