small patch for /etc/rc.d/nfsd, bugfix or POLA violation?

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 19:57:22 +0000
Hi,

The attached one line patch to /etc/rc.d/nfsd modifies the script so that it
does not force the nfsuserd to be run when nfsv4_server_enable is set.
(nfsuserd can still be enabled via nfsuserd_enable="YES" is /etc/rc.conf.)

Here's why I think this patch might be appropriate...
(a) - The original RFC for NFSv4 (RFC3530) essentially required Owners and
   Owner_groups to be specified as <user>_at_<domain> and this required
   the nfsuserd daemon to be running.
(b) - RFC7530, which replace RFC3530, allows a Owner/Owner_group string to be
  the uid/gid number in a string when using AUTH_SYS. This simplifies configuration
  for an all AUTH_SYS/POSIX environment (most NFS uses, I suspect?).

To make the server do (b), two things need to be done:
1 - set vfs.nfsd.enable_stringtouid=1
2 - set vfs.nfsd.enable_uidtostring=1 (for head, I don't know if it will be MFC'd?)
OR
  - never run nfsuserd after booting (killing it off after it has been running is not
    sufficient)

Given the above, it would seem that /etc/rc.d/nfsd should not force running of
the nfsuserd daemon, due to changes in the protocol.

However, this will result in a POLA violation, in that after the patch, nfsuserd won't
start when booting, unless nfsuserd_enable="YES" is added to /etc/rc.conf.

So, what do people think about this patch? rick