[SOLVED] Re: Inter-VLAN routing on CURRENT: any known issues?

From: O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 12:34:19 +0200
On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 16:44:16 +0300
Sergey Zhmylove <Sergey.Zhmylove_at_elcom.spb.ru> wrote:

To make things short:

Routing works as expected (even with the default route goinf via NAT).

The reason for the problems was: some in-hardware vlan feature support of the
i210/i350 chipset driver (or the chipset itself) seem to be broken.

I did not iterate deeply over the feature list, but I will soon, this is what
works so far for me at the moment with i210:

ifconfig_igbX="-vlanhwtso -vlanhwcsum -vlanhwfilter -vlanhwtag up"

Although I have disabled the feature "-vlanhwcsum" which the hardware
obviously provides, checking via ifconfig reveals:
igb1: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu
1500
options=6025ab<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,JUMBO_MTU,VLAN_HWCSUM,TSO4,LRO,WOL_MAGIC,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>

But this couldn't then be the culprit.

Some people mentioned earlier and suggested highly to disable those features -
I tried and put the minus-prepended disabling tag into rc.conf's
"create_args_igbX=..." - obviously not correct in that context.

Thank you very much for assisting!

Kind regards,

Oliver