Re: HEADS-UP: Merged llvm/clang 5.0.0 into -CURRENT (as of r321369)

From: Shawn Webb <shawn.webb_at_hardenedbsd.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2017 11:33:08 -0400
On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 02:36:03PM +0200, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have merged clang, llvm, lld, lldb, compiler-rt and libc++ 5.0.0
> (trunk r308421) into head.  Universe builds went just fine, but if you
> encounter any snags during world and/or kernel builds, please file PRs.
>
> Since upstream has just created their 5.0.0 release branch, this is a
> good month to shake out any remaining issues for FreeBSD.  If you are
> certain bugs or regressions you encounter are due to upstream, file PRs
> there, but otherwise, just report them on the FreeBSD bug tracker.

Hey Dimitry,

Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication to bringing the
llvm toolchain to FreeBSD.

I haven't nailed down whether it's SafeStack, CFI, or using lld as the
default linker, but it looks like we in HardenedBSD are getting an
undefined symbol during buildworld.

Here's the logfile:

http://jenkins.hardenedbsd.org:8180/jenkins/job/HardenedBSD-CURRENT-amd64/910/consoleText

I'm working right now on figuring out what caused it. I'll report back
when I know more.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder and Security Engineer

GPG Key ID:          0x6A84658F52456EEE
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2ABA B6BD EF6A F486 BE89  3D9E 6A84 658F 5245 6EEE