Re: old syslog (jail) and new kernel = 100% CPU

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 11:34:12 +0200
Quoting Bryan Drewery <bryan_at_shatow.net> (from Sun, 4 Jun 2017
14:38:07 -0700):

> On 6/4/17 5:09 AM, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> new kernel (surely r318877 and later) and old syslog in a jail = NOK.
>>

> What branch and revision is the syslogd? From my understanding the bug
> exists in a head version of syslogd only, maybe MFC'd to stable/11, but
> not released.  If it was MFC'd we need to fix it before the 11.1 release.

This was a syslogd from head for sure.

So the issue was that for an intermediate period of time a bug was in
syslogd in head which was causing this, and if I would have upgraded a
system were the jail would have been head from before the or after the
bug, then I wouldn't have noticed it?

Bye,
Alexander.

--