Re: CFT: EVDEV support in psm(4) driver

From: Jonathan Anderson <jonathan_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:57:58 -0400
Hi Vladimir,

On 04/16/17 15:18, Vladimir Kondratyev wrote:
> Following patch [1] bring in multitouch EVDEV support for Synaptics
> and Elan PS/2
> touchpads found in many laptops. (And for generic relative PS/2 mices
> as well).
> This allows to replace our limited in-kernel gesture processor with
> full-blown
> one from xf86-input-synaptics or xf86-input-libinput driver and makes
> Synaptics and Elan PS/2 touchpad support to be mostly on par with Linux

Thanks very much... I've been using your patch for awhile with my
Synaptics touchpad and it's lovely to have two-finger scrolling that
works properly! I did need to massage the patch to make it apply on
drm-next:
https://github.com/trombonehero/freebsd/commit/3d74a33a1bc709d289216cb946744afecb70f6b5

Sometimes I experience dropped touchpad events, particularly when the
system is busy and my wi-fi is being reconfigured. Is there anything I
can do to help debug this?

Jon

--
jonathan_at_FreeBSD.org