Re: Problem with WITH_LLD_IS_LD

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 16:17:33 -0500
On 3 March 2017 at 12:24, Jochen Neumeister <joneum_at_bsdproject.de> wrote:
> Hi current_at_
>
> I have a PR 217519 because of devel/pear: When WITH_LLD_IS_LD is set, the
> stage phase for devel/pear breaks.

Yes, there are issues building a number of ports with LLD at present.
There are some hacks / work in progress in both LLD and the Ports tree
to make things work.

The most common issue right now is that libtool looks at the output of
the linker's --version string and assumes that only linkers containing
the string "GNU" accept certain command-line options. Rafael
EspĂ­ndola's experimental Poudriere runs have a hack to have LLD
include something like "not GNU" as a workaround.

WIP changes on the ports side can be found in my ports tree clone on
GitHub: https://github.com/emaste/freebsd-ports/tree/ports-lld

At this point WITH_LLD_IS_LD works for the base system but is very
much experimental for building ports.