Re: I/O semantics of pipe and FIFO.

From: Alfred Perlstein <alfred_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 18:47:24 -0800
I've seen that bug, but I think our bug was more that dd would exit if it got back a short read from input. So if you did something like this (maybe not exactly, but close):

dd bs=1m | dd bs=10m > f.out

You might get only 1mb in f.out. This had to do with skipping disklabels and other such schenanigans.

Sent from my iPhone