Re: Are textmode consoles/terminals still supported?

From: Chris H <bsd-lists_at_bsdforge.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 16:06:43 -0700
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 22:02:06 +0000 Steven Hartland <killing_at_multiplay.co.uk>
wrote

> Add the following to /boot/loader.conf
>
> Its a tunable but not a sysctl so you can't query it, you just need to
> set it by adding it to /boot/loader.conf:
> hw.vga.textmode="1"

WOW. Thanks for the fast reply!

I gave your suggestion a try. But it was ignored. :-(
All my other boxes run the nvidia blob, and provide textmode,
and support sc/syscons(4). But I'm not using (u)efi on them.
Maybe that's the trouble?

Thanks again, Steven!

--Chris