Re: process killed: text file modification

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 02:40:46 +0000
Gergely Czuczy wrote:
[stuff snipped]
> Actually I want to test it, but you guys are so vehemently discussing
> it, I thought it would be better to do so, once you guys settled your
> analysis on the code. Also, me not having the problem occurring, I don't
> think would mean it's solved, since that would only mean, the codepath
> for my specific usecase works. There might be other things there as
> well, what I don't hit.
I hope by vehemently, you didn't find my comments as nasty. If they did
come out that way, it was not what I intended and I apologize.

> Let me know which patch should I test, and I will see to it in the next
> couple of days, when I get the time to do it.
I've attached it here again and, yes, I would agree that the results you get
from testing are just another data point and not definitive.
(I'd say this statement is true of all testing of nontrivial code.)

Thanks in advance for any testing you can do, rick