Re: sysctl -a hangs ?

From: Kurt Jaeger <lists_at_opsec.eu>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:31:58 +0100
Hi!

> >> I have a freshly installed/updated FreeBSD 11.0p8 on a supermicro
> >> X11SSZ-TLN4F board, and
> >>
> >> pkg install intel-ixl-kmod
> >>
> >> and now:
> >>
> >> sysctl -a
> >>
> >> hangs. Any quick ideas how to debug this ?
> >
> > If it's just not responding to anything, you can try to panic the box,
> > got to db> and see if you can find sleepchain/lockchain?
> > You can also take a dump and try to look at same with kgdb scripts.
> > You'd need kernel with WITNESS.
>
> Hi,
>
> procstat -ak
>
> Will tell you where it is stuck.

Here we go:

 1489 100739 sysctl           -                __mtx_lock_sleep sleepq_catch_signals sleepq_wait_sig _sleep AcpiOsAcquireMutex AcpiUtAcquireMutex AcpiExEnterInterpreter AcpiNsEvaluate AcpiUtEvaluateObject AcpiUtExecute_HID AcpiGetObjectInfo acpi_child_pnpinfo_str_method device_sysctl_handler sysctl_root_handler_locked sysctl_root userland_sysctl sys___sysctl amd64_syscall

--
pi_at_opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         3 years to go !