Re: shutdown -r doesn't execute rc.d sequence

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 00:15:44 +0300
On 28.03.2017 22:33, Ngie Cooper (yaneurabeya) wrote:

>> On Mar 28, 2017, at 12:30, Andrey Chernov <ache_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> With latest -current amd64, reboot happens almost immediately, leaving
>> FS dirty. No proper backward rc.d or /usr/local/etc/rc.d sequence
>> execution is shown. No deactivating GELI swap too.
>
> Hi Andrey,
> 	Do you have a typescript demonstrating this? Adding rc_debug=yes to /etc/rc.conf would be super helpful, along with `boot -v`, to see whether the issue is in userspace or rc(5).
> 	I’ll double check my amd64/i386 VMs too (if possible, redirect the output over serial to a typescript for analysis).
> 	Are you using vanilla FreeBSD, a fork, or a packaged variant (mfsbsd, nanobsd, etc)?
> Thanks!
> -Ngie

Using rc_debug=yes I see that it is the kernel problem, not rc problem.
Sometimes rc backward sequence executed even fully, sometimes only
partly, but in unpredictable moment inside rc sequence the kernel decide
to reboot quickly (or even deadly hang in rare cases). Always without
any "Syncing buffers..." leaving FS dirty. No zfs etc. just normal UFS,
no EFI, no GPT.
I change GELI swap to normal one, but it does not help. The same
untouched config works for years, I see this bug for the first time in
FreeBSD.