Re: regression suspend/resume on Lenovo T420

From: (wrong string) Å‚a <trasz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 20:30:06 +0100
On 0506T1103, Manuel Stühn wrote:
> On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 10:52:56AM +0200, Manuel Stühn wrote:
> >On Wed, 03 May 2017 22:28:41 +0200, Freebsdnewbie wrote

I've tried to verify that, and sadly it wasn't it for me.  The commit
that does break resume for me is r316767.  The current -CURRENT with
this one commit reverted ("svn merge -c -r316767 .") suspends and resumes
correctly, at least in VT; I decided to take X out of the picture for
now.

There is still the issue of backlight being off after resume in VT; one
needs to switch consoles to restore it, but it's 1. minor and 2. broken
for a really long time now.  There's also another problem, which kind
of looks like an inability to resume if the machine is hot (as in,
thermally), but this might be just because of its age.