Re: buildworld not working with MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX

From: O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 14:18:36 +0200
On Tue, 16 May 2017 09:39:11 +0100
Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau_at_citrix.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build world as a regular user, using sources fetched into my
> home directory and a different object directory. The rune I'm using to build
> is:
>
> $ cd /home/royger/buildjob/freebsd
> $ make -j30 buildworld MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/home/royger/buildjob/obj/

As far as I know, in this construct, MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX is an argument to make,
but MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX is strictly required to be set in the environment!

Have you tried the following setting:

env MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/home/royger/buildjob/obj/ make -j30 buildworld

I do this kind of task as root this way (as it doesn't work as you showed,
either).

Kind regards,

Oliver