Re: Bug in make setting wrong MAKESYSPATH

From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg_at_juniper.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 17:41:06 -0700
Thomas Mueller <mueller6722_at_twc.com> wrote:

> I tried building ports, starting with ports-mgmt/synth, on HEAD
> (12-current) and ran into difficulties with syntax error in
> bsd.compiler.mk .
>
> With PORTSDIR on another partition, mounted as /BETA1, I got these
> errors, but not when I null-mounted /BETA1/usr/ports as /usr/ports.
>
> I shouldn't have to resort to this kludge, didn't have to in the
> recent past.

The default value for MAKESYSPATH is ".../share/mk:/usr/share/mk" which
is geared to building src/, there was some to and fro over that value
when we first started using bmake, but that's what we settled on.

Presumably /BETA1/usr/share/mk exists?
If so, it will be found via .../share/mk if you start somewhere under
/BETA1/usr/ports

> This bug shows in both 11.0-STABLE and 12.0-CURRENT.

Not a bug - working as intended, which doesn't mean it is doing what you
want.

You can of course set MAKESYSPATH as you wish, but of course
/usr/share/mk would not be correct for building src/