Re: Bug in make setting wrong MAKESYSPATH

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6722_at_twc.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 08:03:01 +0000
>From Simon J. Gerraty:

> Thomas Mueller <mueller6722_at_twc.com> wrote:

> > I go into /BETA1/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/synth , run
> > env MAKESYSPATH make all-depends-list

> I assume you mean MAKESYSPATH=something? otherwise env itself should
> vomit

When I did those last examples, that last line was
env MAKESYSPATH=/usr/share/mk make all-depends-list

> > and then it seems to work correctly with no syntax error in
> > /BETA1/usr/share/mk/bsd.compiler.mk
>
> > Maybe I need to file a bug.

> For what?

Bug occurs when building or configuring ports, syntax error in
/BETA1/usr/share/mk/bsd.compiler.mk  line 52

I don't know about other situations such as building doc.

I could avoid this error either by setting (setenv or export, depending on shell) MAKESYSPATH or
by null-mounting /BETA1/usr/ports at /usr/ports .

> > What happens if src, ports and doc trees are installed on an NFS
> > share, where there would be no FreeBSD installation?

> Not sure what you mean. make doesn't care what the filesystem is
> if there is a share/mk found in . or somewhere above it, the default
> MAKESYSPATH will find it.

Tom