Re: INO64 Effecting Firefox

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 11:00:59 -0700
On 05/28/2017 08:54, Pete Wright wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can't imagine that this is related to INO64, but since upgrading my
> world and kernel on drm-next (which merged upstream CURRENT as of May
> 27 which should include the ino64 work) I am having segfaults running
> firefox.  Previous to this firefox was very stable for work/personal
> daily use.
>
> The error I'm seeing is:
> Full message: TypeError: malformed UTF-8 character sequence at offset 0
>
> Firefox does start and I can load a page or two before it sefaults.
>
> The full console output is here:
>
> https://gist.github.com/anonymous/555202b1452503ad9e26750168f87d5f
>

> Posting this here in the off chance that it's either related to ino64,
> or some other recent change has caused this problem.

Just to close the loop on this.  It looks like after upgrading to the
latest official packages available i can now run Firefox w/o crashing.
I am still getting the UTF-8 error mentioned above, but have not
segfaulted yet.  So apparently that error was a red herring.
Interesting enough, firefox was *not* on the packages that was upgraded
- so i assume a shared library was updated that trigger the fault.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete_at_nomadlogic.org