Re: pcsc-lite hangs up after unplugging an USB card reader

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 13:26:14 +0100
On 11/06/17 13:11, Roberto Fernandez Cueto wrote:
> Roberto Fernandez-Cueto schrieb am 06.11.2017 13:11
>
> On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 12:55:20PM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>> On 11/06/17 09:27, Roberto Fernandez Cueto wrote:
>>> Roberto Fernandez-Cueto schrieb am 06.11.2017 09:27
>>>
>>> Hi people,
>>>
>>> the original person who wrote this email has left our company so I will
>>> retake it from here.
>>>

>> Hi Roberto,
>>
>> Have you read through this thread in the mailing list archives?
>>
>> --HPS
>
> Hi Hans,
>
> I have recently read the thread and I am trying to get all the
> information I can before digging more into the matter.
>
> It is a complex matter and I just one to try every single possible
> solution and be advised from the experts in the matter.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Roberto

Hi,

In FreeBSD there is a special function that the application can use to
check if the USB device is still present: libusb_check_connected()

Checking this function regularly and then closing the USB handles might
fix the problem you are experiencing. At least for debugging, try to
print the value from this function in a separated thread, and check if
there are any differences when you experience the hang.

Try to use GDB to collect all backtraces for apps using the USB handle.

--HPS