Re: Breakage with sys.kern.ptrace_test.{ptrace__parent_sees_exit_after_child_debugger, parent_sees_exit_after_unrelated_debugger} after r325719:325721

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 12:48:08 -0800
On Thursday, November 16, 2017 09:07:56 AM Ngie Cooper wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
> 	Per Jenkins, these two tests are broken after r325719:325721: https://ci.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD-head-amd64-test/4987/ <https://ci.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD-head-amd64-test/4987/> .
> Thanks,
> -Ngie

It is probably the first commit.  Previously, the kern.proc.<pid> sysctl
would fail for zombies, so these tests poll that sysctl waiting for it to
fail to determine when a process has become a zombie.  I think the first
commit broke this as the sysctl now works for zombies so the tests hang
forever.  I could fix the tests to check for the status in the kinfo_proc.
I've no idea if there are other programs aside from tests that depend on
this behavior that are also broken though.  I feel like I copied that
approach from some other bit of code when writing these tests.

--
John Baldwin