Re: VNET jail and dhclient

From: Kristof Provost <kristof_at_sigsegv.be>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 23:25:14 +0200
On 10 Oct 2017, at 23:10, Oleg Ginzburg wrote:
> What is your FreeBSD version? This problem reproduced on FreeBSD 12
> only.
> /var/empty is exist and trivial test:

I’m running r324317 on CURRENT, yes.

What arguments are you calling dhclient with?
Clearly there’s a difference between what you’re doing and what
I’m doing.

> I'm not sure if this fd leak (due to pidfile_remove at the end of
> dhclient),  nevertheless closing pid fd in my jail/FreeBSD12 before
> chroot
> solve dhclient issue.

I would not expect an open file descriptor to be a problem, unless
perhaps you’ve got an open directory and
kern.chroot_allow_open_directories is unset.

Regards,
Kristof