Re: FreeBSD Documentation

From: Benjamin Kaduk <bjk_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 11:54:34 -0500
On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 07:47:33PM +0300, Yuri Pankov wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 22:13:16 +0800, Blubee Blubeeme wrote:
> > How can we suggest edits for the docs?
> >
> > The docs still reference using sysinstall to setup a jail when it hasn't
> > been that since at least 2011
> > https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=jail&sektion=8&manpath=freebsd-release-ports
> >
> >       Start a shell in the jail:
> >
> > 	   jail	-c path=/data/jail/testjail mount.devfs	\
> > 		   host.hostname=testhostname ip4.addr=192.0.2.100 \
> > 		   command=/bin/sh
> >
> >       Assuming no errors, you will end up with a	shell prompt within the	jail.
> >       You can now run */usr/sbin/sysinstall* and do the post-install configura-
> >       tion to set various configuration options,	or perform these actions manu-
> >       ally by editing */etc/rc.conf*, etc.
>
> While you were already given a lot of correct replies, exactly the
> change you want is already in HEAD (though as noted in followup, it
> could really say bsdconfig instead of bsdinstall):
>
> Author: bjk (doc committer)
> Date: Wed Oct 18 22:56:46 2017
> New Revision: 324732
>
> Log:
>    Adopt jail.8 to our brave new bsdinstall world

Indeed.  I have the MFC reminder sitting in my inbox, since the original
commit received such feedback about bsdconfig being a better replacement,
but I haven't had a chance to go review the best change to make in master
(and then MFC).

I would not object if someone beat me to coming up with better text! :)

-Ben