Re: Segfault in _Unwind_* code called from pthread_exit

From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald_at_pfeifer.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 22:36:54 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 31 Oct 2017, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> Do we, FreeBSD'ers, want to have gcc unwind support on older than
> FreeBSD 9.3 releases? I think the gcc folks do not care, but we are the
> ones who might have an need for such a support?
> _at_Gerald, do you have an opinion?

Yes. No. :-)

Those possibly still stuck on obsolete versions of FreeBSD don't
need/want fancy new compilers and GCC 4.9 is still available for
use and does not exhibit this issue, correct?  (If it does, nobody
reported any problems.)

> I can 'ifdef' the new code and in the 'else' case we fall back to
> the already existing path.

If it's "cheap", that might be nice.

Thanks to the three of you - Tijl, Konstantin, and Andreas!

Gerald