Re: openbsd 6.0 or 6.1 guest on freebsd-12 (current) host

From: Jason Tubnor <jason_at_tubnor.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 07:53:33 +1000
On 6 September 2017 at 22:15, tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net> wrote:

> Have you encountered anything on openbsd in a bhyve that you've found
> not to work?

As Thomas mentioned, there is/was a bug with certain CPUs, but this was due
to the strict checking of CPU features that OpenBSD introduced (
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=149136173520510&w=2).  Peter explained
the switch to get around that issue (-w).

The only other thing is Jumbo frame support, but that is really down to
limits in VirtIO and not really a show stopper and doesn't affect anything
in production for us.

Enjoy bhyve, it has been a drop in replacement for our individual ESXi
instances and has been bulletproof, which is good as we have hypervisor
hosts over 6 hour drives away! (Oh the uplift from 11.0 to 11.1 was done
remotely without nuking the host).

Cheers,

Jason.