Re: extending the maximum filename length (pointer to patch)[request for input]

From: Jonathan Anderson <jonathan_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 14:46:12 -0230
On 12 Sep 2017, at 14:38, Julian Elischer wrote:

> “这是一个测试多字符文件名长度的文件目的是命名一个文件用中文或者日文或者韩文字符并且要求字符长度超过八十五个字符然后拷贝该文件到我们的共享文件夹看看是否能够拷贝该文件到我.txt”
> (I have no idea what that says but apparently it's a real filename
> from a windows machine that blew up when written via samba.)

Google Translate says, amusingly:
"This is a test file for the length of the file name. The purpose is to
name a file in Chinese or Japanese or Korean characters and require the
character to be longer than 85 characters and then copy the file into
our shared folder to see if it can copy the file To me" (.txt, I guess)

No matter what number you choose for a path length, you're never going
to win against that specific user. :)

Jon
--
Jonathan Anderson