RE: Strange ARC/Swap/CPU on yesterday's -CURRENT

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 19:24:04 -0600
+1

However under certain circumstances it will release some memory. To reproduce, when bsdtar unpacks some tarballs (when building certain ports) tar will use 12 GB or  more  forcing ARC to release memory.

BTW, I haven't stopped to grok whether the bsdtar issue is local to me or another problem yet.

---
Sent using a tiny phone keyboard.
Apologies for any typos and autocorrect.
Also, this old phone only supports top post. Apologies.

Cy Schubert
<Cy.Schubert_at_cschubert.com> or <cy_at_freebsd.org>
---