Re: snapshot of april 12th wont boot at all

From: Beeblebrox <zaphod_at_berentweb.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 20:29:59 +0000
Hello Ed.

> If this is reproducible on stock FreeBSD can you submit a PR with CPU details?
I don't have a cloned repo of FreeBSD, but AFAIK it's the "options PAX_*" related knobs in the kernel that, if eliminated, would revert the system to a FreeBSD one for all intents and purposes? I can just build MINIMAL or GENERIC and try if that's the case.

Separate finding I have for this CPU is that with an unlocked 4th core (gets detected as Phenom II X4 B60 instead of Athlon II X3) observable oddities are:
* Some ports have runaway builds under poudriere, end up filling swap and fail. www/webkit-gtk2 is an example. This could also be due to separate src.conf settings used to build the poudriere jail world.
* Xorg desktop becomes jittery, mouse control is difficult.
Mentioning these to ask whether you prefer them to be included in PR?

Regards.