Re: Nvidia issue with CURRENT

From: O. Hartmann <ohartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 09:00:33 +0200
On Sun, 22 Apr 2018 14:38:55 +0200
Mariusz Zaborski <oshogbo_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Normally I build my CURRENT by myself from Xorg - r332861.
> But I also tried latest SNAPSHOT.
>
> Thanks,
> Mariusz

All my boxes running with nVidia hardware running most recent CURRENT (compiled
this morning on an almost daily basis) and I'm using the lates official driver
available from nVidia, 390.48.

It happens to be as a natural byproduct of CURRENT that very often the kernel
module of the nVidia driver is out of sync so i made it a habit to recompile
the module from sources whenever I recompile/install a  kernel.

In /etc/src.conf , therefore you should add something similar to (like I added
to mine):

PORTS_MODULES=
PORTS_MODULES+=                         x11/nvidia-driver
PORTS_MODULES+=                         emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod

This is one of the great advantages of having an operating system which you can
compile yourself.

Regards,

oh