Re: CURRENT from today throws lots of ACPI errors, lost HDMI detection

From: Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 20:56:02 -0700
On 8/14/18 8:45 PM, Kyle Evans wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 10:41 PM, Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Pete,
>>>
>>> Where in the process does it hang with UEFI? I can't help much with
>>> any of your other problems, but I am curious about this one. =)
>> sure thing - the last several lines are:
>>
>> random: fast provider: "Intel Secure Key RNG"
>> kbd1 at kbdmux0
>> netmap: loaded module
>> nexus0
>>
>> at this point it hangs.  let me know if you want me to try booting with
>> verbose output to dmesg or something.
>>
> Are you running GENERIC, or custom config? Any modules loaded?

this is a GENERIC kernel using ZFS as well as GELI full disk encryption.

> I'm curious if you've been bitten somehow by recently enabling EFIRT
> in GENERIC. Can you try setting efi.rt.disabled=1 at loader prompt and
> see where that gets you?

i did attempt to set that in loader.conf - and it progressed farther but
kernel panic'd when trying to bring up my iwn wireless interface.

i'm building an older version in an attempt to bisect this issue (i have
a skylake system running a checkout from monday without issues, so
testing that now).  if i am still running into problems i'll boot with
efi.rt.disabled=1 and will post the gdb panic string here.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete_at_nomadlogic.org