Re: CURRENT from today throws lots of ACPI errors, lost HDMI detection

From: O. Hartmann <o.hartmann_at_walstatt.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 07:33:16 +0200
On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 20:41:03 -0700
Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> On 8/14/18 6:13 PM, Kyle Evans wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 7:28 PM, Pete Wright <pete_at_nomadlogic.org> wrote:
> >> i also attempted to boot using UEFI but the system hangs very early in the
> >> boot process.  i have reverted to legacy mode for now so that i can work,
> >> but am keen to test out any patches or do any other debugging that is
> >> needed.
> > Hi Pete,
> >
> > Where in the process does it hang with UEFI? I can't help much with
> > any of your other problems, but I am curious about this one. =)
> sure thing - the last several lines are:
>
> random: fast provider: "Intel Secure Key RNG"
> kbd1 at kbdmux0
> netmap: loaded module
> nexus0

Similar situation same here on a Lenovo ThinkPad E540, except that the netmpa
message occurs prior to "random: fast provider: "Intel Secure Key RNG"

> at this point it hangs.  let me know if you want me to try booting with
> verbose output to dmesg or something.
>

> cheers,
> -pete

Other UEFI booting systems (oldish Asrock Z77-Pro4/Pro4-M) throw some infos
shortly after booting the kernel which look like the stuff I can see from the
UEFI loader very early - but it is to fast to catch with the naked eye. The
boxes reboot and spinning booting this way.