Re: boot errors since upgrading to 12-current

From: Toomas Soome <tsoome_at_me.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 18:18:16 +0300
> On 15 Aug 2018, at 16:52, tech-lists <tech-lists_at_zyxst.net> wrote:
>
> On 15/08/2018 13:20, tech-lists wrote:

>>> Perhaps r335245, which fixed a logical error and completely changed
>>> the calculations for this stuff and possibly sent you on dramatically
>>> different path. There's not too many commits to this area that haven't
>>> yet landed back in stable/11, fortunately.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Kyle Evans
>>>
>> Thank you Toomas and Kyle for the clarifications.
>
> addendum to this - installed new world and kernel r337835 and the zfs warning at boot seems to have disappeared. Something else odd has started happening though, will make a new email for it - usb keyboard no longer functioning at the beastie menu, but functions when boot completes.

The size related problem is entirely about luck - to read the pool, we get pool config from label, and then read MOS (meta object set), and if we can not read MOS, we are busted. if we can read MOS, the zfs probe in boot loader is happy (actual file reads is still different story). However, whenever the pool is changed, the MOS will get updates and its location can (and will) change.

rgds,
toomas