Re: Sharing compiled builds between multiple 12-CURRENT boxes.

From: Shane Ambler <FreeBSD_at_ShaneWare.Biz>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 10:25:33 +0930
On 19/8/18 8:04 am, Dhananjay Balan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run 12-CURRENT on few machines, some more powerful that other (all
> of them x86_64, march varies).
>
> Is there is a way to avoid building CURRENT on all machines? Rather
> than building everywhere, can I just build it on the big server that I
> have and copy and update my laptop?

You can use freebsd-update by setting up your own update server
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/freebsd-update-server
This can then be paired with poudriere for pkgs - see handbook 4.6

Also be careful setting the CPUTYPE, it has to be the lowest denominator
so that no cpu features are used on a machine without them. This is more
important with poudriere as many ports will configure to the current cpu
features, I think base always targets the lowest cpu specs.

--
FreeBSD - the place to B...Software Developing

Shane Ambler